Monday, February 2, 2009

Charlotte, NC

This past weekend, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary with a trip to Charlotte, NC. We chose that destination because frankly...we'd never been before. Our room was beautiful and the bed was so comfy at the City Center Hilton where we stayed, that we spent a lot of time just catching up on rest. Addison stayed with her Grandma and Great-Ma while we were gone. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to leave her, but the closer Sunday came, the more anxious I was to see my baby again. We also visited Concord Mills; absolutely the biggest outlet mall I've ever been to. I can see many more trips in the future to shop at the huge "The Children's Place" store. Probably the highlight of our weekend was a Brazilian steakhouse : Chima. It was really really fabulous! Just an entirely different dining experience. Michael and I love new things especially in the realm of food - and this was it. We ate so much we were miserable. So - here's my recommendation: Take a trip to Charlotte. It's 2 1/2 hours from Augusta, Carowinds is nearby, the downtown is cute and new and clean. It's full of great places to eat and museums and tours by foot or horse drawn carriage. I give it a 9!

No comments: