Saturday, July 15, 2023

20 years




 I try and give myself grace. 20 years is a long time to be with
someone. I have lots more fat and wrinkles. My eyes close when I smile. I have sagging neck skin and wobbly wings that flap when I wave. And yet, he's still here. I think he never ages. He looks the same to me as the day we met. Every picture...same...every year...he's the best looking one. 

This many years has taught us to agree to disagree and move on. It's not worth staying up all night to argue anymore. The conflict will be there the next day but probably not so intense after a night of rest. Whomever said don't go to sleep angry...never met a talker like Michael. We would never sleep when he's got ahold of a bone. 

I hope that the years have taught him too that some things just aren't important to fuss about and that a fading memory is actually a blessing. Who knows what yesterday held? I can barely remember today.  I have a feeling that more crises are in our future as the years march on. It's to be expected with age. 

But in 20 years we have created a lot. We've gone from 26 properties to over 120. We've established a home where we are raising 3 really great kids. I am living my dream of being a mother and finding more and more peace each day I age as I walk closer to my Savior. The biggest regret being that it took me so long to find the peace I have now in my Lord. 

Never regret the years that made you. Never have remorse over the steps that brought you to God, even if they were ugly. And never give up on the gifts God gave you 20 years ago. The best is yet to come. 

No comments: