Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Tale of 3 Horses

During a trip to Wal-Mart tonight, Addison and I took a tour through the toy isles in search of the perfect horse.
Addison has taken a liking to some toy horses at school. It's probably due to the fact that her good friend Sloan loves horses and always has one with her. Every day I come to pick her up, she has at least two horses in hand that eat with her and go to the potty with her.
As a reward for pottying so well lately I promised her that I would buy her a horse of her own.
There were only three horses in the entire department: a large flashy pink Barbie horse, a Fisher Price Horse that neighs with a rider and a small Cinderella with her white horse.
Now in the world of toddlers, this was a huge decision because I told her she could only have one of the horses.
One.
Addison studied the horses hard. It was amusing to me at first. One, because she was so seriously considering each horse and two because she kept telling me the same thing. "Mommy, I want two ones."
"No Addison, you can only have one horse. Just one."
Over and over again, she picked out two.
"Which horse do you want mommy to buy?"
"This one and this one, " she's say.
Finally we narrowed it down to two and then the decision was easier as we chose our winning horse.
The horse that made it? The Fisher Price that neighs.
The best part was that grin spread across her face and her next statement.
"Mommy, I'm so happy!"

No comments: