Friday, February 12, 2010

SNOW


I had snow in my sweet tea today. What a fabulous treat. Truly a southern thing I'm sure.
I passed children on the street with their heads tilted toward the sky and their mouths wide open trying to catch snow. We haven't had snow in Augusta in at least 5 years.
The beautiful blanket of white that covered the landscape in 3 hours is quite a sight to behold. It happens so rarely and totally transforms the way my usual surroundings appear, that I feel transported to another time and another place.
I've seen a lot of walkers out. I have the same desire, to explore, to see...I just have a 15 month-old keeping me here.
But, I look forward to tomorrow when I can bundle her up and stick her in the middle of all that white stuff she keeps saying "wow" to...and watch to see what she thinks of her very first snow.

No comments: