Saturday, September 18, 2010

O to live like Mickey Mouse

I watch way too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse these days. Addison insists. The only way I can get her to stop asking to see it is to tell her that Mickey Mouse is sleeping. In reality, he could be, because he only works from 8-9a.m every day.
After much observation, I've come to really envy Mickey's entire life at the Clubhouse and in my dreams, I have a clubhouse of my own.
Who wouldn't love to have a contraption called the "handy helper?" Extra hands that do the simplest things like open doors, but who could also be used to change diapers, fold towels and take out the garbage. Oh the tasks I could think of for those handy helpers!
Then of course there's the fact that you have every mode of transportation available from a car housed in the "shoe garage" to the "glove balloon".
What I really want is a Mouse-ka-Do-er. I don't know how to spell it, but it is omnipotent. It always knows what problems will be encountered and what tools will be needed to accomplish ALL the tasks. Although I'm always amazed at how often a baby elephant is needed as a tool.
But I think the best part of living in a clubhouse would be "Toodles." When you need 'em, Toodles will bring 'em. Can you imagine someone available every minute of the day, ready to provide you with anything you ask for?
Then of course, if the handy helpers don't get all the work done and there are no more tasks that can be accomplished during that day....if Toodles is all out of helpful tools, all I'd have to do is fold the clubhouse back up into it's hidden underground chamber and remember that tomorrow will be saved by three simple words...Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!!!!
If only.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is kinda sad but quite hillarious that you have put that much thought into "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". I have to agree with you though. Having a place like that would make life tons easier! Now who is sad?

our little family said...

Not really sure how I came across your blog but loved this story of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I have a little girl also named Addison and it made me laugh how you had to tell your daughter how Mickey had to sleep. My daughter stands in front of the TV claps and jumps and says mimi mimi to get me to turn the TV on in the mornings (Mimi is her way of saying mickey). Anyway like I said not sure how I ended up on your blog but loved the story.