Tuesday, February 1, 2011

8 years

The person who thinks they can remain the same person they were when they get married is a fool. So much goes into making a marriage not only survive, but thrive that the end result is two people who are changed. In considering this, you have to ask yourself, was it that you were so great before, or are you great now? I think about this a lot today as we reach our 8th Wedding Anniversary.  Eight years of growing and changing and compromising and...well, there are so many others I can't even begin to finish.
Eight years ago I married a man who saw the very best in me. He was enthralled by my beauty (haha) and enamoured by my personality. He sought out my strength and marveled at my wisdom. Sitting here, 8 years later, I am enthralled by his beauty. The years only add to your attractiveness and even thought the hairs turn gray, I see the man I fell in love with. Eight years later, I am still enamoured with his personality, and his wit and his charm. The fact that he can spontaneously make me belly laugh is an achievement all in itself. After eight years, I seek out his strength and wisdom every day. It is only because he believed in me that I have accomplished so much over these years. He knows things...he just does. And it's so comforting to know that even when I'm so confused and turned upside down...he usually has it all figured out. I will borrow a description that I heard a friend use once. He is my lid. When my emotions bubble up and spill out, he is there to make sure there's no mess. To assure me and tidy me up. I am honored to have been paired by God to this man. He is the love of my life. Happy Anniversary Michael.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Hello! We don't know each other but while reading your article I can feel your love for your partner.

That's so sweet! Happy Anniversary to both of you. I just wish you all the happiness in life.

Windows Server 2008 | Axis Deer Hunting in Texas

Julia said...

Hello! We don't know each other but while reading your article I can feel your love for your partner.

That's so sweet! Happy Anniversary to both of you. I just wish you all the happiness in life.

Windows Server 2008 | Axis Deer Hunting in Texas

... said...

Happy anniversary, it takes a lot to make a great marriage but it is worth it.

I have a great site that I’ve just started for women & moms… maybe you can check it out?

Thanks in advance.

mandarina* said...

You're so sweet. It's a beautiful post indeed. Happy anniversary


:)


Best wishes to you both.



Gisele from Argentina.

June said...

Oh... I am about to cry, when I read this.
Happy anniversary.
your words touched my heart..

best wishes for you both.. ;)