Sunday, June 19, 2011

Two...and a half

What a marvelous age this is! My favorite words right now are "piwhoa" for pillow and "under", or thunder as us grown-ups like to call it. She likes to say, "under, wheew det me. I stared!"  Translated: Thunder, will get me. I'm scared!.  Which she says a lot with the flurry of thunderstorms lately. She is a regular little parrot, mocking our phrases and repeating our words. Luckily, we haven't slipped and said anything "bad". The worst was tonight at dinner when Addison rang out in the din of dishes and conversation.."pootyhead!".  I laughed a lot...which is not so conducive to getting her to stop. But she's funny and I can't help it. The fits of throwing herself on the floor are getting better. I think it's because we understand her now and can carry on a conversation. She can tell us all about what she did that day and what she wants us to do. It's rather wonderful being able to communicate with your child.
At 2 1/2, she weighs in at 35lbs. She's still an amazonian child always being mistaken for older. I can't for the life of me get her to eat vegetables, so we thrive on fruits to be our healthy foods. Nor can I get her to go to the potty. I've tried it all. She's just not ready.
But, I'm OK with that, because diapers are still a sign to me that she's my baby. I'd like to keep her that way as long as I can.

No comments: