Thursday, May 3, 2012

A happy ending

I have the utmost respect for the Vietnamese people. If you've ever been to get a pedicure, you do as well. God bless anyone who will spend an hour scrubbing, scraping and exfoliating people's feet for a living. A friend and I treated ourselves to such a pedicure yesterday afternoon. It was a place that I haven't been to in a long while. They are all pretty standard with their massage chairs that have the little foot tubs beneath them. You just climb in the chair and relax and let those amazing people do their work. I quickly found, however, that this chair had a special feature I'd never experienced before. Just as I settled in, a large object protruded up through the seat....to massage by bum. Shocking to say the least, I arched my back to get away from the "thing" intruding on my personal space. I immediately thought of the many oriental massage places I've heard of before that provided a "happy ending" and ultimately the demise of their business. Between that and the extremely sensitive tickle spots on my feet, I laughed a lot providing more stress relief than the $30 I paid for.

No comments: