Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh how time flies

Yep...it's the 22nd of JANUARY. Already the year has sprinted from the starting line and we are in a heated race towards December. Why does this happen!?!?
Is it the fact that I have a child that is speeding up the rotation of the planet?
There has to be some reason I cannot find enough time in the day to get half of what I need to get done or any of what I want to get done.
Why just yesterday I was sitting in history class at Butler High School...waiting on 3:30 p.m. The clock seemed to move in slow motion and I could barely keep my eyes open.
Today, my day is in full swing by that time and when I blink...it's time to go home.

Sadly, also when I blink, my hair is getting gray. In what seems like an instant, my daughter has developed skills and language and a personality when I swore she was just crawling. In mere seconds, I see my spouse's face showing that years have etched themselves into his smile lines where there were none before.

I'm pretty sure it was just last week that I was in middle school gym class learning to do a hand stand. However this morning, it took me nearly 5 minutes before I could stand on my feet without pain.

Time marching on....flying...needs to stand still...yes, I like that one better. Lets just stand still for a while so that we can enjoy this one life we have. We can fly another day.

No comments: