Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Blue Jean Boycott

It seems that with every child, my body does a fruit basket turnover. The size of my clothes stays the same, but the terrain has changed. Therefore, I am hereby boycotting my blue jeans. They have no forgiveness for the immense amount of change that this body has undergone. They do not provide any leniency for the extenuating curves that held two human lives inside mine. There is not one ounce of leeway for the ebb and flow of water retention. They are merciless to my self esteem and at this point in life, I can do without that.
I am not advocating that I let my body balloon out to whatever size it sees fit, but I am past the notion that I have to fit in the same clothes that I did 6 years and 3 kids ago. It's not fair nor nice to myself to think that way.
So when you see me sporting a dressed up pair of yoga pants out to dinner. I assure you, I have worked very hard and earned every minute of the breathability of those garments. They will never strangle the life out of me when I sit down. If, per chance, I do feel like dessert one night, it will be all right. I left the blue jeans at home.

No comments: