Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Walk

Know where useful chatter happens with kids? On walks. We've been going on walks through neighborhoods in our campaign t-shirts because there's not much else to do as far as campaigning. I usually lag behind with the littles. William asks me if I have Jesus in my heart. I SAY YES. Alex makes his way over to listen to our conversation. William says.. Mommy how do you get Jesus into your heart. I say.. You have to believe that he's the one true God who died on the cross to take away your sins because it was a price too big for you to pay., And then you have to simply ask him to come into your heart and be the leader of your life. I tried to simplify because I'm talking to little people and my big church words won't make sense. He says ok but what do you SAY to God? I said you just pray like you're talking to him.. Just like you talk to me... You say dear God... And little William repeated dear God. Then I said, I want to make you the most important person in my life.... And he repeated every word just seconds behind me. And I want to ask If you'll come into my heart and live in me. And he finished right behind me... Amen. Little Alex sidles up to us and says, I just say God will you come into my heart... That's all I say mom. I said.. Well if you're sincere then that's all you need to say. And we kept on walking and talking. Was it their salvation moment?  I don't know. They are small. Was I five when I got saved? Yes.. According to mom. But I didn't grasp it until college. I didn't feel God until then. But I lived a very good and obedient life until college because of my salvation at five. Who knows?Only God but how special was that Walk?

No comments: