Thursday, May 12, 2022

Covid thoughts

As I sit here in the midst of my second bout with covid I can't help but get the unsettling feeling that these things will forever be on the hunt for humans. Like tiny assasins, they change their strategy so that when they attack it will be more effective than the last time. 
Here's what I've learned so far from covid. 
I take breathing for granted.
When all of your airways are stopped up like a load of concrete has be introduced into your passages...when the slime infiltrates your lungs while you sleep...you miss being able to breathe freely.
I worry that each time I have this dreaded thing, it chips away at my lungs causing irreparable damage.  
Secondly, I don't think the vaccine does a whole lot. Just my opinion. I've had it.. I got covid..I didn't have it. Still got covid. I see no difference. 
Thirdly. What is the point of so much snot and how can i be so stopped up and yet my nose run like I left the faucet on low?
I think one of my greatest covid accomplishments has been going though an entire normal box of keenex in a day and a half.
This go round covid took out my peanut butter taste buds. Kinda weird. Didn't lose any taste the last time but this time had a yummy bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream only to find that each chunk of pb tasted like a salt cube. Unsettling. Why you gonna mess with my pb that way? If I can't have oxygen at least let me have my pb. Rude!
Fourthly
Is there a covid test for teens? You'd have thought I was asking her to cut her face open and sample her brain with the pushback and tears I received over swabbing a nostril. I feel bad but those teen fits are enough to pull a momma from the grave to go and punch her teen in the face for being such a butt. Unnecessary.
Fifthly
I know my children have played a crap ton of Roblox this week. I'm too sick to care. I hope they have reached all the levels because a great Roblox desert is in their future. 
Sixth..ly
I was unaware you could puke pee and poop all at once until this illness. I have apparently lost control of every faculty I had. It's sad but they make adult diapers for this reason I am sure. I'm only 45.
Being 45 is a funny place. I'm not yet what I consider old and yet it's right there..and not too far away. I'm in a place where every single hair appointment, myself and I battle as to whether or not to continue this hair dying routine. If it was instantaneous all white hair..I think I could live with that. But this muddy inbetween crap just makes me feel ugly..and so I dye.
Since i turned 40 my body seems to be on an accelerated decline physically. The skin on my neck is now pooling my collarbone..why is that?! Did I grow a long neck and now it's shrinking? Where did all this come from? My neck has never been fat. What used to be attractive cleavage is a crepe covered collection of skin. My flabby arms..or angel wings as I lovingly refer to them, they just grow into full on eagle wings. Why is gravity so cruel? It's just pulling every part of body towards the earth. My arms, my face, my neck, my boobs, my butt. 
I used to work at a nursing home in college. There i witnessed that any normal person without cosmetic procedure..yep...we are all going to be ugly..but we are ugly together. No one is spared yet some are hit harder than others. The fact that I'm seeing that change...its sad. No one wants to be ugly and wrinkly. Its a good motivation however, to work on the inside. The inside stays beautiful  and can actually enhance one's outward appearance.  I've known some pudgy grandma's that were absolutely beautiful people and I wouldn't change a thing. 
This world we are living in now...they don't have a clue what beauty is. Shallow and self centered. Empty and without purpose. But just like an obstinate teen...they think they have it all figured out.
The further you get down the road..the more you can see the big picture...in everything. 
Last covid thought of the day...I'm gonna pray for these lost souls who think that beauty will save them while I blow my nose for the 9,653 time.

No comments: