Saturday, January 17, 2009

12 weeks

Addison is 12 weeks old now and very fond of her newfound hands. She is sleeping at least 7 hours a night and I am sooooo thankful for that. I may catch up on sleep yet. I've found that the key is to give her a warm bath every night, put on her lullaby CD and rock her to sleep. That little bit of investment is well worth it for 7 continuous hours of precious shut eye. It's so funny that when you're a kid, you can't stand going to bed early or taking naps...and then you hit adulthood and you'd give your right pinky toe for a nap about 3 p.m. on any given day.
I'm currently on the lookout for ideas for Addison's 3 month photos. She can't sit up by herself yet, so I'm limited. If anyone has some good ideas for home photos or a good suggestion for a studio, let me know. She will be 3 months on Jan. 23rd.

4 comments:

Lara said...

For a studio, we loved Portrait Innovations. I'm not sure if there's one in Augusta, but check their website! Can't believe your little girl is almost 3 months already!!

Jenn Harrison said...

Hey girl! Just got your comment over on my blog! Email me at jiharrison@comcast.net and we'll see when we can get together!

Lipscomb Tri-Lambs said...

ARe you still nursing. or is she getting formula at night?ARe you drugging her? My little guy sleeps three hours in a row, whoopee!

agirlinawhirl said...

We have moved on to formula these days. She's taking it wonderfully. It doesn't matter though whether breast fed or bottle fed...it can still work the same. I'm a real nut about schedules, she sleeps only in her crib, not in our bed and I'm reading a book called "On becoming Babywise" which is really helpful. The book is all about getting baby to sleep through the night. They say it's possible at 6 weeks, but that was a bit early for us.