Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Eyes

Addison woke up this morning in a wonderful mood. She greets me with a smile lately. Such a wonderful way to start the day. It usually makes up for a lot of lost sleep the night before. But today was a little different. Today she woke up and was in awe....of her room. Her eyes darted from balloon to balloon, from wall to wall as she noticed literally every single decoration in her nursery. It was the first time she actually noticed where she was and it was so cool to watch. Then she studied the bookcase with such intensity that I thought she was reading book titles. We spent the morning lying on a blanket in her floor, just looking around her room and "talking". She talks a lot lately. I'd love to know what she's really saying.
The most precious thing of all is this: Sometimes I'll have Addison lying in my lap or beside me on the bed and I'll be busy doing something, watching TV, talking to Michael, working on the computer. And then I'll look down and there will be two beautiful eyes and the most magnificent smile fixated on me! I wonder how often she watches me and what exactly makes her smile that big. Maybe it's the same thing that makes me smile so big. The fact that I really, really love my child.

No comments: