Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I survived the night

Last night I sent my baby girl with my mother for her first overnight visit. I was hesitant and her absence left an unusually large hole in the pit on my chest. At nearly 3 months it is pretty early for sleepovers, but it was necessary. It had been nearly 10 weeks since I'd had a full night's sleep. Mom was elated to get to take Addison home and spent the next day showing her off to her friends. From what I hear, Dad and Addison spent a good bit of time just napping together. After it was all said and done, everyone turned out just fine. Addison was well cared for. Mom and Dad had a blast. And I slept nearly 10 hours!!! I felt like I could conquer the world this morning...it was great.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to leave Jadyn overnight when he was 10 weeks old (army duty) and it was the hardest thing EVER! Well besides leaving him at daycare the first day!! I'm glad you got some much needed rest!!

Lara said...

I'm so proud of you!!! As a mommy, the best thing you can do is take care of yourself and to take advantage of those willing to take very good care of your precious daughter! It will also give Addison and your mom a great chance for a special bond. My mom and Ashlyn still have it, even though we live 1300 miles away ;)

Terri said...

I am so jealous. I will keep her anytime that your mom gets tired of her. That will be never!!

southernjoy said...

Wow.. I'm impressed. The first night I ever spent away from Patrick was when I was in the hospital having Sam. Patrick was three and a half. I missed him SO much. I even had an emergency appendectomy when Patrick was 6 weeks old, and he spent the night in the hospital with me, LOL! Since then I've loosened up and they've spent the night with both sets of grandparents, but it's still hard for me!