Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PB&J

Who doesn't know how to make a PB&J sandwich? After nearly 6 years of marriage, today I find out that my husband is one of those people. According to his logic, he doesn't like them, therefore he's never made one and I'd just as well make it myself so he doesn't mess it up. Truly priceless excuse...one of his best I think. Good thing he wasn't in Mrs. Sikes 2nd grade class where we had to write out instructions for making a PB&J sandwich...he surely would have failed that assignment.

So, Sunday we took Addison to the nursery for the first time. What I discovered there was what I thought to be mini metal prisons for each child. I'm sure they are the latest and greatest in commercial baby care...but gee whiz, the cribs were these steel cages with bars and heavy metal doors. The sides tower 3 feet above the mattress. I was so distracted by the surroundings and the literal swing factory going on in there that I had trouble finding my child. Luckily there was a nice man who directed me to my child's cell where I promptly freed her. Just not exactly what I expected from a "nursery". Next thing you know they'll have them in little orange rompers.

In the end, we both survived the experience and I was glad to return the mini beeper they gave me. Addison was oblivious to it all after a probable hour in one of those swings. She will go back and this time I'll be a bit more prepared for the entire situation.

For anyone out of Georgia - we had snow today. The tiny amount of flurries was amusing to watch as the flakes floated all around, but it is still even more comical to me how we handle "snow" here in the south. Pretty much all the employees called in or went home early giving us an impromptu day off. For us, it turned into a family day where we did very little except watch movies and nap. Gosh I love those days.

Let me end this entry with a picture of a precious smile.

No comments: