Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Car

I'm beginning to hate my car. It has been paid off since January and yet I've had repair bills equaling the payments ever since. Today we took the car to the mechanic - a very basic sort of man who owns his own little shop. We use him because he's close and relatively inexspensive. On this particular day he was hobbling around on crutches; the side effect of a broken leg we're told. I'm beginning to think that he's giving up on my car too. Michael opened the hood, the mechanic looked in....and promptly beat some part...with his crutch. That bit of genious didn't work so I've got to take it in for a prolonged visit sometime this week. I drool over every Pilot and Highlander that passes by these days. Maybe my day will come soon. I'd like to keep a payment free car for a bit longer - but I also need air conditioning. Go fig.

No comments: