Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why Blog?

I've been trying to collect blogs lately. I think I like reading them more than I like books. First of all, it's a short read. Who has time to sit down with "War and Peace" these days? Secondly, it's real and for that little paragraph, I get to peek into someone's life through their window. Now I sound like a peeping Tom, but you get the picture.
The point is that the most interesting, most heartfelt, most followed blogs are, in my opinion, usually born out of someone's need to share and be heard...as a sort of coping mechanism.
I know personally, I began my blog when I started fertility. Some people hide what they're going through, but for me, it was my therapy to lay it all out on the table, to write about my shots, my tests, my fears and my emotions...hence the "roller coaster ride" as subtitled in my blog. For many blogs that I follow, they are therapy for dealing with a child's illness or loss or on a happier note, a child's progress in growing up. Blogs are about what consumes a person.
Interestingly enough, I have some friends who blog about economics....not my most favorite topic, but it's their passion and I can say that I've learned to expand my mind a bit when reading. Other friends blog about their hobbies, like photography or cooking.
It's really intriguing what fuels a person's passions and how great the array can be.
I my future searches, I think I'd like to find a blog about long haul trucking...or "my life as a circus clown." There's bound to be some peek-worthy moments in stories like that!

No comments: