Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The conversations went something like this....


"I laughed so hard when I read your comment about JR not EVER getting sleepy. So how's he doing?"

"I saw you were on vacation in California." How was the trip?"

"Did you see what Janice posted yesterday?"

It's the new and improved world of conversation AFTER Facebook.

Last Christmas, the conversation had no jumping off point. We were a room of people with absolutely no clue about each other for the better part of a year. Virtual strangers. There was a warming up period where conversation was awkward and mucky. The niceties of getting started were a necessity. But not this year.

This year we sailed right by those "how are you's" into really great conversation. I think it actually made us all feel closer to each other because we weren't strangers reconnecting after such a long time.

So..kudos to my favorite social networking, family connecting, status conveying, sneak-a-peaking, big news breaking, helpful advice giving, got-more-friends-than-I-can-count website.


Family Pictures...click here.

No comments: