Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An Indian Princess

By the end of the night, my girl was a pro. She would run up to the house and look back for my approval. "Go ahead, ring the doorbell..but just one time," I'd say. So she'd stand on her tippy toes and ring the doorbell...seven or eight times. Very nice people would answer the door. She'd stand silent holding her pumpkin bucket. They would ooh and ahh over her costume and tell her how pretty she was while placing a piece or two in her pail. She turned to walk away, but turned back to say, "Thank you." That's my girl. Then she'd run back across the yard shouting, "I got candy! He gave me some candy!"
I tried to get her to say, 'Trick or Treat'.
I'd say, "When they answer the doorbell, you're supposed to say trick or treat. OK?" She'd answer ok but still just stood there when the doors opened. However, when she'd get back to the middle of the street, she'd yell to the top of her lungs....TRICK OR TREEEAAAAT.....for blocks. I guess it was a blanket greeting that she just got out of the way early. I did have to stop her from just entering some people's homes. Not sure why she thought she was supposed to go inside when they opened the door. She even blew a kiss or two in appreciation for their generous sugary donation. In short, she had an amazing night.
Here's a preview, but for more photos, go here.





2 comments:

loveswedding said...

Oh! Your baby is so lovely !I've seen the most lovely!

head in the clouds said...

Wow she look like you! My children look a lot like their Dad...but the likeness between you two is uncanny!