Saturday, November 26, 2011

The language of 3

Addison is coming up with such wonderfully creative little expressions. My continuing favorite: "I wuv you all de much Mommy."
And my newest favorite when asked who her best friend is: "Swoan (Sloan) is the best friend for me. She wuvs me all de much."

Tonight I sat through a 5 minute long oration about the Big Bad Wolf and and how he needed to go to time out and get spankings because he was not being nice. I couldn't agree more.

Lastly, it's Christmas decorating time again. So very soon it seems. While trying to explain to Addison that we had to move all her toys in the Living Room so that we could fit the tree in, I stood where the tree would be going and held out my arms and rotated in a circle. "See baby, the tree will go riiiiiiigggghht here."
Her skeptical response was so matter of fact that I cracked up right then and there.
"I don't think so Mommy."

Along with the language, however, has come a torrent of tantrums and excessive disobedience. We had our worst day every last Wednesday when I tried to take Addison to get her pictures taken. She wouldn't smile, wouldn't sit, threw all the stuffed animals on the floor. She started crying and then her pretty red satin dress was covered in tear drop spots. I looked around the room, seeing all the other well-behaved children and felt the most inept I've ever felt as a parent. I took her outside to cool off, but she just pitched an even bigger fit on the sidewalk. Finally, before I beat my child in public, I loaded her up and drove straight home. I was sooo upset that she was so beautifully made up and I got no picture whatsoever. I lost it and was once again thankful that I have a husband to help me raise my child as he took over and sent her to bed while I had a breakdown on the front porch swing. I may never get a picture of her at 3 years old at this rate. We'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Keep doing nice things for her and she will "love you all de more!"

Don't feel inept as a parent- maybe this story will make you feel better. When my brother was very young, his school was doing inoculations. All of the kids waited patiently for their shot, except my brother, who ran around the gymnasium, lay on his front and refused to get up, and started crying.

Brautkleider said...

you have a very nice family.