Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Perfect Man

I saw an older couple in the store yesterday. She was shopping for clothes and he was shopping with her. Did you hear what I said? He was shopping WITH her.
He wasn't standing on the edge of the isle looking annoyed. He wasn't out in the car just waiting. He was interested and participatory. It was a wonderful sight to see. My heart fluttered even more when I heard him ask, "Do you want me to go stand in line so you can shop a little more?"
I'll bet this man cooks dinner at least twice a week. He probably does laundry too. I'm sure he even does...dishes.
You can keep your boy toys, I'll take a man in an apron with a toilet brush in hand any day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your husband seems very special. If he did everything you wanted, life would be boring. Careful what you ask for.