Thursday, October 18, 2012

Little Roo

I jokingly told a friend the other day that if I had 4 more hours in a day, I could probably manage to exercises. Seems like ever since then, I've been waking up at 5 and 6 a.m. I meant 4 EXTRA hours God. Oh well. At least I can blog early.

As turning four quickly approaches, I get tickled at Addison's excitement for her party. When asked when her birthday is, she answers, "Oc-TO-ber, it's the twenty-third."
So cute. Then ensues the sentence that never ends, "And Cheyenne is coming to my party and Ms. April and Carter and they love me all the much and we're going to the park and we're gonna eat cupcakes and we will be so happy."
Did I mention she's a chatterbox?
I opted for the simple birthday; at the park, minimal clean up and maximum space...just in case all the kids we invited actually come. There will be face painting, balloon animals and possibly a snow cone machine. Addison picked out plates with Rapunzel from Tangled on them. Mickey Mouse is scheduled to show up too. It's a hodge podge of things Addison likes and that's all that matters.

I do have to share her latest development: character play. Here's the conversation.
"Mom, I'm little Roo"
"O.k., Hi little Roo."
"And you're big Roo. Big Roo, would you like to come watch a movie with me?"
"Sounds good little Roo. Which movie?"
"Big Roo, let's watch Shrek."
And the conversation went on like that for a while. The sweetest thing is how polite and kind little Roo is. She has manners and asks permission and seems to really enjoy being with big Roo.
I love developmental milestones.
Well, my alarm just went off.............time to get up. :)

No comments: