Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day

I am never one to take a public stand on politics. I'm not sure if it's because I don't care or if I don't think that little old me matters. I couldn't tell you who's in the president's cabinet or even who our state senator was until I saw him on the ballot today. However, I know plenty of people who do care. And so in the temps struggling to reach 50 degrees today, I held a sign for a friend. The irony of it all was that after talking to the other sign holders, we were the only ones silly enough to stand out there in the cold and eventual rain and NOT get paid. Yep, they were paid help. I pondered this as I felt my lips chapping in the wind, but that thought was soon interrupted by a van full of mentally handicapped people turning into the drive. As they were banging their heads against the seats or blankly staring out the window, I failed to see how they could make any kind of informed decision, much less vote. Wow. The audacity of some politicians to heard in the mentally ill. I feel like it's just another indication of the profession.
I've heard some describe today as "epic". Conservative America is trying to take back the country. To some, we are led by Obama..the anti-Christ himself. The polls are still out. The outcome is yet to be seen. We wait, glued to our televisions as the U.S. map fills up with blue and red. I should have kept Addison up late. We could have done a political art project with our crayons and a map!