Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Scarlett Letter

Everyone knows that I just can't seem to get pregnant on my own. It's not a secret, or something I'm ashamed of. It just is. I am intrigued at how that fact seems to hang around my neck where ever other pregnant people or people with new babies are concerned. It comes in the form of friend feeling as if they cannot talk about their new pregnancy or attempts at it. They're joy is always followed by an apology. Or better yet, when there is a newborn around, being the designated baby holder, in attempts to give me my baby fix. I know that these are good gestures to spare my feelings and emotions concerning this subject, but let me just say.....people, I'm good.
There is no pregnant woman on this planet that I would ever feel any animosity for because her body works like the good Lord intended. I know some that do and jealousy is a terrible thing. And I will hold your baby for hours, change its diaper, feed it....whatever. But just know, it's because I love tiny humans, not because I have some sort of deficit.
I have been immensely blessed with my Addison. She is phenomenal - beautiful - stubborn - loving - dramatic....and she's all mine. There is no hole that she hasn't filled in my heart. I am content.

No comments: