Monday, November 13, 2017

Alexander the great

I am enamored with the development of a toddler's personality. To see how their tendencies are already forming at such a young age is truly magnificent to witness. Alex is full of personality. He goes out of his way to be funny and make me laugh. He is also our family tattle-tail that keeps tabs on everybody and their moods so that I never have to doubt when someone is crying because Alex will come and get me and tell me. He's also the inquisitive one always asking where people are and wanting to know if he can do certain things looking for approval. His personality gets strong-willed sometimes but that's to be expected with Michael as his father I think. He's every bit of a three-year-old boy. I guess being a twin makes it a little less important to communicate and therefore he and William have gotten by on their own little version of their language for a while. Switching over to English has proved a little bit challenging. But out of the two Alex is the most vocal and tries more words more than William. He is such an adventurer and is the first one to get on a roller coaster for the first time or climb something that seems daunting to anybody else. His little light of a personality will drag you in and before you know it you're completely in love with this blonde-headed, hazel-eyed boy. I'm not sure if it's the fact that he's one whole minute older than William or if he's just born to lead but he seems to not have any issue whatsoever taking charge and getting the both of them in all kinds of trouble. I think my favorite thing of late has been the phrases that he picks up that I say or someone else says. For instance overheard on the nanny cam the other day when was Alex telling William, "Are you kidding me?" I'm afraid that's my phrase and I probably say it a lot so it's no wonder they don't all three say that. Still it's super cute when the three-year-old says it. Alex is going to be my sports player. He's good with a ball whether he's throwing or kicking and I foresee many many Little League games in my future. He's also somewhat of a pouter though if he doesn't get his way. He'll run off into a corner and hang his head and look at you out of the tops of his eyes.

No comments: