Thursday, October 16, 2008

One week today




I'm apparently experiencing morning sickness this last week of my preganancy. It could be because my stomach now resides in my throat or the surge of hormones strongly pulsating through my body. I'm lying here this morning trying not to puke like I did yesterday morning. Misery. Not to mention, I spent all of last night trying to dislodge what I think is Addison's foot from my left rib cage. I felt like an oyster being pried open. She's getting to be a big girl, or at least she feels that way. Even my maternity clothes are getting tight. To say we are excited is a huge understatement. Poor Michael....he's stressing these days. Impending fatherhood is a really big deal to him. I myself have a few anxiety attacks every now and then about what is yet to come. No matter, this time next week, she'll be here and we will begin the next phase of life - parenthood! Here's a latest photo of the belly. I'm looking a little worse for wear these days. Lack of sleep. And I'm poofing up. Everything feels swollen, including my NOSE..lol. I'm hoping not to get the swollen ankles - that always looks so painful.

So, 7 days and counting. OMG!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I still have something to send for baby Addison. Sorry I haven't made it to the post office yet :)

My mom always says a swollen face and "spreading" nose is a sign of impending labor. Try to enjoy your last week of being non-parents. Have a date night - or SEVEN!

I know you'll make a great mom. Can't wait to see pics of you little girl!

southernjoy said...

I'm so excited for you. I have to disagree with Lara. For me, a spreading nose was a sign of pregnancy in general, LOL! I think all of me spread...