Sunday, October 19, 2008

AirShow




Being that this is mine and Michael's week of "lasts,"..i.e. last Friday night without a baby, last Saturday without a baby, etc., I decided to make the most of our weekend with a trip to the Air Show. We could have probably just watched it from the house. This was the view from my back deck.

However, I decided to treat Michael to the show and bought the tickets. We saw planes and helicopters, ate "fair" food, and planted ourselves for a pretty interesting show with planes looping the sky and little skydivers sailing towards the earth. Why anyone would want to jump out of a perfectly good plane is beyond me. But it was entertaining. Michael even got to see some monster trucks at play, crushing cars on the runway. It was a difficult little jaunt, to waddle around the air field 9 months pregnant. At one point the wind was so bad, it took the powdered sugar from my funnel cake and covered me. I looked down to see my baby belly a frosty white. I was really sweet that day. :)

Turns out it was a crisp 65 degrees .Who knew that with that 65 degree cloudy day, would come a really great sunburn. Alas, now I have a redneck tan for the birth of my first child...oh well. This is a pic of Michael who was freezing to death, with the bags from the bag chairs as sleeves while he watched the show. 65 degrees was perfect for me...but I'm working for two here.

3 comments:

Jenn Harrison said...

Bags for sleeves!! Haha! I was trying to figure out what was up with his "outfit!"

Hope you have a good week!

southernjoy said...

Time for some "firsts" now!!!

You better make sure someone updates your blog or sends out an email with details!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Benjamin would have been so sad to know that he was napping during the monster truck car-crushing!! We wanted to make it back, but the little guy was wiped out. You look GREAT Angela and seem to be feeling well, too--we will be thinking about you on Thursday!! (Well, not at 6 am. . .) We'll give you guys some recovery time before we start bugging you :) love, Kelly