Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Are we 2 yet?

There's no doubt whatsoever that Addison is heading towards her terrible two's. This morning she threw herself on the floor no less than 5 times while I tried to get her ready for "school." She is very definite about what she wants and does not want to do these days. For instance, she DOES want to run into the bathroom and pull out all her tub toys. She DOES NOT want to put on a diaper on any other semblance of clothing. She DOES want to swing the gate at the top of the stairs and bang it against the wall as many times as she possibly can. She DOES NOT want her hair brushed. She DOES want to free climb into her cradle that is supposed to house only toys these days. She DOES NOT want to get out once inside.
It is quite difficult for us to come to an understanding some days that include both parties being happy. Fortunately for me, I'm bigger. However she is gaining speed, so I can bet that it's only a matter of time when speed will overcome size.
After a relatively aggravating morning of getting Addison ready, I managed to corral her into the car. She was crying. I was short. There had even been a hand pop involved.
I reversed the car in the driveway and stopped short of the fence. I turned around and there was my munchkin. She held up the hand that I popped and said "ouw".
"I know, I'm sorry. Mommy loves you so much. I need to not get so aggravated."
As if she understood every word, she blew me a forgiving kiss.
I blew one back. She smiled a big smile.
We were happy once again.

No comments: