Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

There were some downsides to this Christmas season. The biggest was the fact that my sister couldn't come down to visit. Some lesser disappointment's were the fact that each day this week my pants have gotten tighter as all the home-baked goodies poor in. I love home-baked goodies. Then there's the half-done eye operation leaving me to experience all my holidays half blurry.

Now, on to the highlights of our holiday:
This is probably the last Christmas morning that Michael and I will get to sleep in. At a comfortable 8:30a.m., Addison woke up and we headed downstairs. Grandma and Papa were waiting at the door. After breakfast, we hooked up the computer and opened our video chat with my sis and her husband so they could "virtually" experience Christmas morning with us. Addison is such a good present opener. She'll help anyone who will let her. Luckily she got most of the gifts this year. She loved her stocking from Santa and all the goodies she pulled out of it. She also got a see-n-say and a couple of magnadoodles, lots of pretty clothes from grandma and a whole slew of interesting new toys. The hit of the day was by far her kitchen. She's been trying to microwave grapes ever since. I've found that she really does understand what the different appliances should do. She promptly puts her drink in the "fridge" after she's finished with it.

I do need to note that besides the generous gift of vision from my husband this season (that's kinda hard to beat), my mother went all out and bought me an embroidering sewing machine. I haven't cried that much since they bought me my first car. It was way expensive and totally unexpected. When I get my eyesight back in a couple of weeks....I am gonna be all over that thing.

The year is closing out, so it's only appropriate to give some developmental updates before we bid 2010 goodbye....did I really just say that. Wow, this year has flown.
Addison is climbing out of her crib...a lot. I think Michael and I have negotiated to get down the toddler bed. Come to find out, his reasoning for not wanting to stemmed from the fact that she wouldn't be a "baby" anymore. Sadly, I feel his pain. She is an amazing little individual and as much as I love to see her growing and changing, it is sad to see the passing of this small, yet hugely impactful part of her life.
Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds. She can copy almost anything you ask her to. She can successfully open and unlock any door, much to our dismay. We haven't ventured too far with the potty thing because she's just not interested. She is interested, however, in the contents of our refrigerator and has developed the strength to actually open the door now. I see many messes to clean up in my future.
I'm not sure if she knew that it was Christmas and so she started to behave or if she's just passing through another phase, but she has been an absolute angel this week. The tantrums are rare and the smiles and laughs are abundant. Ahhhh, my Addison is back.
Here are our Christmas photos. Merry Christmas everyone.
Our yard!
The tree!
Ham and Turkey coma.

The mess that used to be the living room.


1 comment:

comedyrocks.com said...

I love your blog! Thank you for the frequent updates you post!
Best of health and happiness in 2011 from an occasional blog visitor!