Monday, January 10, 2011

THE snow

It's January 9th..well, now it's the 10th technically, and we have snow on the ground in Georgia for the second time in 3 weeks. The first on Christmas day was an unheard of event since the late 1800s. This second appearance of snow is surely another rarity. I love Georgia snow. Everything closes, the streets are quiet. The appearance of our world is transformed, but only for a few days. It's all us southerners could handle I think...a day or two of snow. That is, in fact, why we live here and endure the humidity that can only be rivaled by the Amazon jungle...because we don't like snow.
Over the past few weeks in the news we heard about 100,000 blackbirds dead in Arkansas and again that same week, thousands of dead fish washing ashore in that same state. The Carolina's reported thousands of jellyfish found dead on their shores as well. It's Apocalyptic to some folks I'm sure. It's Global Warming to others. I'm kinda sticking with the theory that @?&$ happens. I plan on enjoying my snow day tomorrow since school is cancelled. I'm on day 4 with my new pair of perfect eyes so I should really enjoy the sunrise tomorrow. Pretty snow and 20/20 vision!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

It is pretty cool that you guys got some snow. I live up in PA and it's white here 5 months of the year practically. I've never been a fan of it. However, it's got to be a treat for the south...given that they have 4 wheel drive.