Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Multiplicity

Have you ever thought of how many people it actually takes to help you run your life?
Today I left my house, occupied by my cleaning lady, to drop off my child at MDO so that I could do floor duty at Blanchard and Calhoun, all the while checking in with my rental office to check with my office staff to make sure things were on track. Already, by 10 a.m. on a Wednesday, I had to have 4 people to help me make this life of mine possible.... and that's just the beginning.
I think back to my mother who didn't even have a car when we were younger. She was stuck at home without transportation with the children and all the chores. I suppose it evens out She's quite proud that I was potty trained by 2 and yet my daughter won't even consider the option at 27 months old. I'm quite proud any night of the week where I have enough energy to stay in at home and cook/eat dinner.
I figure that by the end of the day, from the cleaning lady to the chef who will cook my dinner, I'll have needed at least a dozen people to function. And I'm thankful for every one:
For G-mama who watches Addison on Fridays and holidays when school is out.
For Mom who keeps her almost every other weekend.
For the lady's at the United House of Prayer who ensure that at least once a week, my husband gets a home-cooked meal with vegetable and all.
For the employees who are fixing my broken vanity stool and cleaning up after a teething puppy in the back yard and who fixed that clogged up drain so we didn't have to.
For the fast food employees on Walton Way and every waiter at Hibachi. I am full because of you.
For the wonderful men at Pratt Dudley who can find whatever it is you need.
So many people help me run this race....this life was brought to you by the generous contributions of viewers like you.

No comments: