Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eventful days

It's taken me until age 35 to have my first official wreck. Thankfully no one but the car was injured. Turns out to be about $5800.00 worth of damage according to the adjuster. I don't think that's too terrible. I was happy to find out that my Pilot has side air bags. I think that's just one of those features my brain just skimmed over during the purchase. But on Friday the 19th, I was glad I had them for my baby girl's sake. They deployed when we were hit in the passenger-side rear wheel. The only complaint was from my 2 year-old. "The bawoon, it hit me in the head. It hit me wight dere. Tiss it!" Personally, I think she's milking it..lol.
But in all seriousness, it was a nice feature to find out I needed but already had.
Then on Saturday, Michael planned a surprise outing for me. Now, this is a rare occasion so the mere fact that I was getting a surprise was phenomenal. After a few scares about skydiving, Michael revealed that we were going to canoe the Savannah River! Wow he did good. We are not the usual outdoorsy type by any stretch of the imagination. We don't camp...we'd rather get a hotel any day. We don't bike or hike. It's vehicles all the way. So for us to do something totally out of the ordinary was an extreme treat for me. I didn't realize the physical taxation it would involve by any means. Thanks to the Core of Engineers who control the river levels, there were low low rapids almost the entire way meaning...we got stuck several times. The trip ended up being 4 hours long. We fell out in the rapids twice...both my fault. I call the rear next time, maybe there's less responsibility there. On more than one occasion, we chased our Ziplocs downstream. We were bruised and cut and at one point thought there was a broken toe, but in the end we made it safe and sound. I had a great time. And I am sooo happy that my hubby thought enough of me to give me such a wonderful experience and to surprise me to boot.





No comments: