Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chatterbox

Look out 3, because we are talking the pants off of everyone at age 2. I love, love, love the words and phrases that a new little person puts together. Addison is very specific about her annunciation. She will get stuck on a work until it comes out of her mouth the correct way that it's supposed to sound. I think that it's just brilliant. That along with her interpretation of words together in a sentence make me smile and melt my heart. For instance, her phrase this week is this: "Mommy, I wuv you all de much."
Melting....melting away.
Now if we can get this bossiness under control, we'll be doing good. I mean, who told her that she could get whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted it?.....oh yeah, that was probably me. Spoils of a spoiled only-child I guess.
Addison is now in mother's day out 5 days a week. She is a class favorite...a teacher favorite...a director favorite...apparently everyone knows my child. It's fun to hear the kids in her class chime in, "Addison's here!" when we arrive. She is a hugger and a kisser - so who can resist cute little toddler hugs? Yes, she's got them all wrapped. My biggest wish at this point in her school career is that I could get her to sing these cute little songs they learn at school, on video. She sings several songs about monkeys in the trees and something about an alligator...then there's the rendition of "Old McDonald" where all I really understand from her version is "and a moo here and a bock dere." She will randomly start singing when we are riding in the car and all is silent. I am so tickled to watch her learn and grow. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before.

No comments: