Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I want to be Simon Templar

Michael loves retro TV. He's currently watching every episode they air of a show called "The Saint"
It basically follows the journeys of a wealthy man as he travels around the world righting wrongs that he encounters. The shows are always based in places like France or Greece. Mr. Templar played by Roger Moore is always dashing with his hair perfectly in place. There is always the presence of a beautiful woman and every wrong is solved by Simon's unmatchable wit and counter scheming.
So, that's what I want to do when I become rich. Travel the world with nothing better to do than see the world and help an occasional misfortunate person.
I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Burl Barer said...

Hi, I am the new author writing the adventures of Simon Templar, The Saint. You can be Simon Templar -- or embody the characteristics easily enough. His creator, Leslie Charteris, said that the Saint was a state of mind - seeing life as a grand adventure every day!

Thanks for mentioning Simon Templar. You made my day!

Unknown said...

My dad used to watch The Saint. When they came out with the movie with Val Kilmer, naturally he had to tell me all about it. We watched the movie and like you I fell in love with the idea of Simon Templar. You gave me back a good memory of my dad that I had lost. Thank you!