Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Amazing is an understatement



Yesterday we went to the doc. Our sonogram at six weeks was the most amazing thing I've ever seen...or heard. We were able to see our baby's heartbeat and HEAR it. The nurse apparently knew the reaction that would ensue because she immediatly threw two tissues my way. Michael stood there holding my hand as tears rolled down our faces; we watched our little life be...alive. Yes, this did narrow it down to just one baby. I'm sad about the loss of one of my little eggs. I stared at that picture for days just imagining. However, I am ecstatic about our little miracle that lives inside of me. The thought is still so unfathomable. Attached are two pics..one shows what the baby looks like at this stage and the other is our sonogram from yesterday. If you look close, you see the lines surrounding the baby. To the right is the rhythm of the baby's heartbeat. So very cool!!

5 comments:

southernjoy said...

Nothing can prepare you for hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time. The sonogram tech was right... it is always a tearful moment!

Lara said...

How wonderful that you got to hear the heartbeat too! Just wait until the 20 week sonogram when your little one actually looks like (gasp!) a BABY! I'm so happy for you and am praying for you every day!!

mwhittle said...

The wonderful part of this season of your life is that you and Michael will experience one absolute,awesome, miraculous moment after another. The first time you hear the heartbeat. Your first sonogram. The first time you feel the baby move. The wonderful acrobatic moves it makes when you get out of the shower....Oh, I could go on and on as I walk down memory lane. But absolutely nothing compares to the first time you look into those little squenched up eyes and hold that precious little body up close to yours....Oh my. Treasure every moment of this. God's hand in your life right now is overwhelming! I love you both so much and am so happy for you!!
Mary

Mullismayhem said...

Angela-
Congrats, I'm excited and praying for you and your little one.
kathy

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I told you there would be nothing like getting to see and hear that precious little heart beat for the first time. I couldn't take my eyes of the screen! I am sooo excited for the three of you.:-) Just wait for the day you get to see what used to be a little peanut/alien turn into a little baby. I was amazed at how different she changed in 2 weeks. Anyway, Congrats and can't wait to plan play dates! :-)