Saturday, March 1, 2008

If it's not one thing, it's another

I have been riddled with muscle cramps since Thursday. I think it's just muscle spasms at least. It has been difficult to breathe because of the restriction on my right side, high up, chest level that feels like a knife in my lung. Today the pain wrapped from the front to my back shoulder blade, up my arm and into my neck. Michael and I tried stretching and massaging it out, but nothing works. If I sneeze it's excrutiating as well as if I twist or bend or reach. Good grief I'm tired of having issues! I'm worried I might be really low on potassium or worse, have a swollen gallbladder. I had to call the doc today because I couldn't stand it anymore. He gave me 5mg of Valium to hopefully get me through the weekend and then I'll see him Monday. I think it's helping. If anyone has had similar experiences, I'd love some advice. I'm eating bananas like a monkey and drinking lots of gatorade.

3 comments:

John Ross said...

It was great seeing you today!

John Ross said...

also...Just a thought. A great place for information or possibly support is Mothering.com. If you go to the discuss button, there are lots of groups. i always looked and sometimes posted in my 'due date club'. There is a 'I'm Pregnant' thread, 'infertility' thread (which some people talk about in vitro) and so on, lots of threads. It is a really good place for information, IMO, and it is easy to find people going through what you are!!!

southernjoy said...

any news???

I'll second the advice of an online community. When I was pregnant with {p} 6 years ago, I joined an iVillage group for women with similar due dates. Now our group has moved to MSN,and it is a private group of about 15 of us who have stuck around all of these years. I feel like I know these ladies as well as many of my "real life" friends.