Saturday, July 12, 2008

Belly bloopers

24 weeks and counting. I am just starting month 6 and the last portion of my 2nd trimester. Evidence of my growing belly is manifesting itself in more and more ways everyday. For instance, while riding down the road yesterday, Michael had to step on the brakes abrubptly. That motion sent my bottle of water flying into the floorboard. It was rather comical as I strained and stretched to try and retrieve the bottle as it soaked my papers and floormat. I could never actually reach the bottle and by the end of the bottle, pretty much everything was wet. I just had to laugh though. There was no way to reach it..none.

It is also a murphy's law that if you cannot bend down easily absolutely everything will end up on the floor. From laundry to keys to your purse emptying out in the floorboard to the simple, "I dropped the soap...AGAIN."

I think it's safe to say that we've decided on a name. I let Michael be the one to make the final decision, although it was our first choice. It seems imperative to call her by her name now that she can actually hear. So our baby girl will be called Addison Delaine.

It's Saturday and there's a Birth Day marathon on Discovery Health. I'm writing this blog between tears as I watch delivery after delivery. Why do pregnant moms do this? Subjecting themselves to constant emotional stimulation. Although the same thing happened this past week as Michael and I toured the hospital's OB unit. Tears welled up at every turn. So I guess it's just all in the hormones.

2 comments:

southernjoy said...

What a sweet name! After we knew that P was a boy, and ever after we chose his name, I never called him that until he was born. I have a lot of friends who can and do refer to their unborn babies by their name, but I just couldn't. Weird, huh?

Jenn Harrison said...

Love Addison's name! Very sweet! Hope you're feeling well these days and these last "few" weeks go by quickly!