Tuesday, September 9, 2008

To all the ones who have gone before

O.k, now I've known a bunch of pregnant people in my life...a bunch. And yet I'm discovering every day that I trudge through this third trimester - No One Told Me Squat!
I myself try to not complain too much (I know Michael just laughed out loud if he read that), but it's days like today, when I was sure something was terribly wrong, that I have to give my pains a voice. Apparently while I was sleeping last night, my body decided it was time for my pelvic bones to spread. NEVER heard anyone complain about this excruciating, almost can't walk pain before. How could you leave this one out?
The nurse and doc almost chuckled at my "I'm sure this is something terrible," pain all the while assuring me that every pregnant woman goes through this. So now I ask...what else are ya'll not telling me?!
I feel for my poor secretary whom I have chosen to tell every single detail to in hopes that she will not be as surprised as I was whenever she has a child. Amanda, I'm doing this for your own good. LOL

2 comments:

Lipscomb Tri-Lambs said...

If they told us all that we go through, how many women would choose to get pregnant do you think? And apparently alot of women "forget" don't get that one! I feel your pain, I have a pain in my thigh that is from sciatica, apparently he's sitting on something! LOL.

Anonymous said...

I didn't leave that one out!!! I don't remember having that pain but that could be due to the fact my back hurt so bad I didn't notice that pain! ;-) I am pretty sure I've told you anything and everything that happens....and if you want to know the truth of after the baby gets here...don't hesitate to ask!! I sure didn't know all of this and I pretty much raised kenzie! Hope it gets better for ya!