Thursday, March 26, 2009

Car rebellion

I've owned my car going on 7 years now. There has always been this blinking light on the dash labeled "security". I don't pay it any attention. I've never really even known if it worked..the security part that is. All I saw was my little blinking red light, that is until today.
Today I got out of the car at a property. I had my window rolled down, but out of habit, I locked the door anyways. On my way back to the car, I reached through the window, unlocked the door and my car spoke to me. Well, at least the alarm did. I pushed my panic button on my remote to turn it off...nothing. I got in the car, locked and unlocked the doors...nothing. In the meantime my tenants were one by one poking their heads out to see what all the commotion was about. The panic button finally seemed to work after holding it down for what seemed like forever and the alarm turned off. I decided to get back out of the car to finish the task I'd begun with...but time I opened my door, the alarm sounded again. Here I was stuck with this alarm that was clearly broken. Was I doomed to ride down Walton Way with my car horn blaring, my lights flashing and everyone thinking that I just jacked that car?!?!? Again, the panic button worked. I wasn't going to try and open my door again until I had help. Off I went in search of Michael. And don't you know that when I pulled up behind him and opened my door...the alarm didn't go off. "I'm serious!! It just wouldn't stop honking!," was all I could say.

No comments: