Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I need to rant!

I must confess I am not the best of housekeepers. There's usually plenty of other things going on in life than for me to spend my evenings scrubbing baseboards. It doesn't help that I have a 5 month old and 2 animals who REALLY don't care if they make a mess or shed hair everywhere. I am aware of all of this and I do my best to maintain the house...scrub the toilets, do the laundry, clean the kitchen, vacuum the LR and occasionally mop. What is a good compromise? Well of course, to hire someone to help me clean. So yes I did get a bit defensive tonight when the cleaning lady kept telling me over and over how dirty certain things were, showing me the mop water, etc. I know it's dirty..that's why she was here. So now, I'm dealing with the guilt of the fact that my house was "sooo" dirty and I'm a horrible housekeeper.
Who juggles all that and makes it work. Who works all day, with their kid in towe and comes home to cook a nutritious meal and manages to do the laundry and clean a 3 BR/3Bath house and have time for sex with their husband..who does that?!?!? I'd like to shake their hand. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to have a messy house just so the cleaning lady has a lot to do! So there.

4 comments:

Lara said...

I have a solution for you - hire a different cleaning lady :) Don't worry - you're not alone in this! Every mom feels that way, whether they have a full time job or not...

Shannon said...

I was going to say the same thing, maybe you need to hire someone else!! You should have told her if the water was clean and everything was spotless, what use do I have for you??

Terri said...

Be proud that you have a cleaning lady!!! I could care less if one came to my house and told me how messy it was!! I would love for one to come to my house and tell me how messy it is. Send her my was and your house will pale in comparison!!

southernjoy said...

ROFL! I agree with everyone above. If your house was clean, she wouldn't have a job!