Monday, March 14, 2011

A lullaby

I've been pretty silent about our second fertility attempt thus far. It's been a lot easier than the first time, but not without some ups and downs. Most of the downs are directly in proportion to the amount of hormones that I'm ingesting and shooting daily. But all in all, easy. Today was our FET (frozen embryo transfer). We've been talking back and forth discussing the options we would have regarding our leftover embryos. In my mind, we thaw two - I've still got 7 left. That's a lot of potential babies.
Unfortunately that's not how it worked. Lying on the table, they informed me that they had to thaw all of the embryos to get the 2 that were viable. I'd never thought before that this would be the case...I mean, I had so many. So, the dilemma has disappeared as to what to do with the remainders. On the other hand, I had not realized that this could be our one last shot at being parents again. I cried on the way home and again in my bed, at the loss of my tiny babies...my seven little embryos. They deserve at least a tear or two for not having made it in this world. As it turns out, this gives an entirely new perspective on the possibility of twins. They don't look half bad when it's the end of the fertility road.
Here are the surviving and hopefully thriving babies.

No comments: