Sunday, August 16, 2009

I remind myself of such things

Maybe it's the culmination of the instability of current times. Maybe it's because during my parent's visit today, all they could do was comment on the cat hair floating along my baseboards. Maybe it's the fact that all the property tax invoices came in the mail today....for all our properties. Maybe it's my self guilt that I can't afford to stay at home and just be a mom. Maybe it's just the fact that I am not always up for this life. I am overwhelmed.
Things are never quite as bad as they seem and unfortunately they can always get worse.
I try and remind myself of such things.
I know that the economy is getting better and better every day and I'm sure that houses will start selling again. I know that I will clean my house and wipe away all traces of cat...whether this week or next. I know that the taxes will get paid and that Addison will grow up to be such a well rounded individual because of all the people who loved her and took care of her as she grew up. I know it'll be all right.
I try and remind myself of such things.
It's just days like this that this kettle has reached the boiling point and the tears streaming down my face serve as a release of all my frustration of my utter exhaustion from fighting day to day to survive.
It will all be OK. I remind myself of such things.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I can completely relate and sympathize. This weekend was one of those for me, too. I'll be praying for you.