Thursday, February 21, 2008

Compliments of my Aunt Mary Ann


This very amusing, yet totally appropriate story was sent to me by my Aunt. I had to share with everyone so enjoy.

"Well while you are on the subject of eggs, I set 32 chicken eggs and only one hatched in the incubator. First time that I have tried it that way. So, after 21 days of burning electricity and having to listen to the fan blow in that thing in my washroom, I am finished. The roosters must have taken the winter off because how else did I get a bunch of bum eggs. And as luck would have it I go out there and now have 3 chickens wanting to set, so I obliged them and gave them back so many eggs that they will have a time moving them around.
The Moral of the story is don't blame it on the incubator. It is the lazy roosters or the quick running hens."

Here's a picture of her lone, but very handsome chick.

No comments: