Tuesday, February 5, 2008

19 Potentials

First of all...thank you to everyone who called to check on me today. I am very blessed to have so many supportive people who care about me.
Now, on to the day...
The procedure itself was an absolute breeze...because I was asleep. I thought I was doing pretty good until I got in the car to go home. Apparently they time the drugs to wear off exactly when you step out of the office. Since then, I've been literally writhing in pain all day. I cannot find a comfortable position anywhere and there is no relief to this pain that feels as if I have ice picks stuck in my ovaries. All they'll let me have is Tylenol 3...that's just not enough. I did get sick after I got home, but I think that was from the anesthesia. So, I've spent my day lying very still in the bed with my feet propped on pillows, watching everything I can find interesting on cable to keep my mind off the fact that I'm in excruciating pain. It's as if I've had surgery...but there's no incision. On a positive note, they took out 19 mature eggs..apparently the others weren't big enough. I'm very glad...I don't know if I could go through this again. It might be why they keep you in the dark about all the details.

On a side note... I am definitely not voting for Hillary Clinton. Her people called me in person and called me with the autimated service no less than 10 times today...while I was trying to rest...while in immense pain. Just for that alone, I'm not voting for her. lol

The implantation should take place somewhere between Friday and Sunday. Hopefully that won't hurt nearly as much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!! It is so great to be able to read along everything that you are going through (good & bad) I wish you nothing but great fortune on your 19 potentials!!

southernjoy said...

Very, very exciting news! I hope you'll be feeling better soon.