Thursday, January 17, 2008

Come what may

I saw the musical Annie this past weekend. It was really fabulous. When I was a child, my sister and I watched that movie at least a hundred times. We could sing every song, mouth every word. Watching it again after all these years, seeing the determination of a little red-headed orphan who sang about the sun coming out tomorrow...come what may.
Come what may...that's the part I struggle with the most. Doubts about the in-vetro will work creep into my thoughts from day to day. The financial burden that, after spending over $13,000.00... it may not work. Will I be able to accept that failure? I do not know. To overcome that, I simply choose to not think about it. I'm sure it's a form of denial, but I'm hoping that by only focusing on the option of it working, it will be the only outcome. Reality is too harsh sometimes and I am not strong enough to handle it. Michael is a constant source of optimism and for that I am thankful. He says he knows that it will work. I am so incredibly blessed to have his unending love and support. I need to do this...forget my fears, pick out baby names and plan for our future.

No comments: