Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Mother Hen

Here's the count...14 eggs on the left side and 10 on the right. That is apparently pretty good according to the doc. I think they try and take out around 16 or so. He's trying to keep me from producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 eggs. That's called overstimulation and it's a problem PCOS gals have. We don't want that. We are now living from Thursday till Tuesday..that's my next visit. Until then I get one shot in the morning of Lupron, 1 baby asprin, and 1 Doxycycline. Then in the evening I get 1 shot of Follistim, 1 Doxycycline and 1 Dexamathasone. Michael has to join in on these meds..he gets to take a Doxycycline twice a day as well. Tuesday they throw another shot in the mix..one I have to make by mixing powder and saline before injection. Oh, what fun we are having now! (with a bit of sarcasm) It's really not that bad, they're such teeny tiny needles. Of course I say this before I'm poking myself like a pin cushion 3 times a day. Still a bit on the weepy side these days. I asked the nurse if it gets worse. She laughed out loud. "Yes...and it doesn't get better till the child is two!" Ahhhh, the encouraging words of my IVF nurse. Now I feel so much better.
P.S. - The credit card did not burst into flames as I anticipated today. Instead I had to call the credit card company to assure them that I was indeed making these astronomical purchases and to please let them through. They did. We are not officially paid in full.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally took time to read your entire blog this morning. Just a quick note to let you know that I am praying for this entire process!! I love you! Aunt Terri

southernjoy said...

Whew... you have definitely been on a roller coaster!!!
You're still in my prayers.