Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Rainbow Connection

My sister suggested to find my "happy place" and use it to distract me from these moods. (By the way, there's not been any other instances of insanity since Thursday.) So, I thought and thought. It's difficult to come up with a happy place when you're looking for it. Kinda like when someone asks, "Who is that?" and if they hadn't asked, you could have told them their name. Same thing. So the pressure was on to find it. God helped I think. I was in Sunday school of all places and the church didn't order the right book for our class. I could feel my blood start to boil. I had to calm down and quickly before all my friends saw Mrs. Hyde in all her glory. Don't laugh, I'm serious here...over a Sunday School book of all things!! And what pops into my mind as I'm searching frantically for happy thoughts? None other than Kermit the Frog, sitting on a log, singing "Rainbow Connection". Why I identified happiness in a little green singing frog puppet is beyond me, but it actually worked.
"Some day we'll find it, the rainbow connection..the lovers, the dreamers and me."
:)
P.S. I changed my settings so that anyone can leave a comment - so please do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet friend...I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this. And, I know you probably don't want to hear any quick "fix-it" advise. So, I will just say that I'm here if you need me. You can even borrow Johnny and smack him around a little bit if it will help! See....I made ya smile, didn't I??? I wuv u!!!Mary

Wendy said...

So funny you mention the "Rainbow Connection", because we just got finished putting the first coat of paint on our bathroom and it looks like Kermit the Frog! I am going to post pictures on myspace soon, so go there and have a good laugh! : )

Wendy