Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Feels Like Contractions

I went to the doctor again today and started shot #3. This one is really exciting in the fact that I get to mix it first. I'm feeling like a regular nurse these days. There's no shot I can't handle!(trumpets sound, my cape flapping in the wind)

My doctor visits are getting closer and closer together. I like to think of it as my fertility contractions. The closer the visits get, the closer we are to baby. In the end, I'll be going every day so they can monitor when the time is exactly right to do the "eggstraction". LOL

I'm in a good mood today! Hallelujah! It's about time.

Here's a tidbit I learned about the embryologist that will be doing all the work. She's an Asian lady who's been in the business 20 years. A very nice lady and apparently very dedicated to her job. I was told that she will spend the night at the lab if she has to, to ensure that everything happens at precisely the right time. I was also told that she likes to think of herself as......your very first baby sitter. That just gives me warm fuzzies. :)
For more information about the whole in vitro process, I found this illustrative video:
http://www.sumanasinc.com/webcontent/animations/content/invitrofertilization.html

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Eggstraction...Thats when they go and get the Angela smelt, correct??

Mullismayhem said...

Hi Angela, my name is Kathy and I am a friend of Lara Fransen. We moved to Augusta in June. If you would like to have coffee sometime, just send me an email and I will give you a call.
Kathy

southernjoy said...

Great story about the embryologist... she sounds wonderful!