Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Learning to swim

Ok..Day two..not so traumatic. I prepped everything myself and then pinched hard as Michael played darts on my stomach. I'm lucky he's a fast learner and a good shot! Although we are using modern science to further our dream of having children, it's hard not to mourn the loss of that magical moment when you know the baby was made or better yet, the day you see two blue lines. I get so wrapped up in the fact that I'm going through this, that I don't think about the fact that Michael may be dealing with issues as well. He has expressed some dissappointment about the whole scheduling thing, but he is very supportive and very thankful to me for being willing to go through this to bear his child. Truth is, I'm diving in. I can't wait to decided anymore. With one tube blocked by scar tissue, I only have a 50% chance if we tried naturally and that hasn't worked in 3 years. It turned out to be just too important to leave up to chance anymore. My OB/GYN was very insightful. He and his wife tried for 7 years to get pregnant. They had two failed in-vetros years ago when the success rate was only 30%, 7 IUIs and countless drug trials. They now have 2 children. He told me that for my own peace of mind, we have to do all we can now while we can. He said it's expensive, but it's worth it. He said it's better to have tried all we can and fail than to not try and wonder if it would have happened. I consider him an expert and I took his advice. So, like I said, we're diving in.

1 comment:

southernjoy said...

Ugh, shots in the stomach? For some reason, I thought it would be the leg. I would tell you to be brave and strong, but I suspect you already are.